Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday, 7/12

 

Keeping along with the theme of yesterday’ s post, I would like to talk about some of the things that I am thankful for right now.
 

1  Rain, glorious rain!
It has been raining all week here in Houston, which is great considering last summer we were in an usually dry drought.  This morning I was awoken by my 6:15 a.m. “Get Up and Go Run” alarm – and quickly heard the sound of rain outside.  The sky was as black as if it was nighttime and I could hear rolling thunder, and could see flashes of bright lightening.  My husband got up and went to check on his studio to make sure none of his art and supplies were getting wet.  Before I knew it we were in the midst of a full-blown storm, the kind that we haven’t had here in a loooong time!  There was even the crack thunder, you know, the kind that sounds like the sky is breaking open.  After one particularly loud crack of thunder my daughter came running into my room and crawled into bed with us.  She had been awoken by the terrifying thunder and was scared, naturally.  My husband came back to bed and we settled in for some more sleep.  We were all squeezed in nice and cozy in the warm bed.  It was wonderful!  Despite the crazy scary storm, I am thankful for the snuggle-time!


2  Reaching Day #41 of my RUNstreak.
I am thankful to have reached Day 41 of my run streak, especially when there were times I wasn’t sure I was going to make it, like this day.  I love running everyday and definitely like the way my body feels and looks when I do.  I hope I can continue all the way to the end; my goal is to run every single day this summer, all the way up until the end of August.  Ideally I would continue even past that.  At the end of the summer, if I make it, I am going to reward myself by buying the Garmin watch I’ve been wanting and some new running shoes.  LOL!!  I just realized that basically I’m bribing giving myself positive incentives to finish.  J


3  Yesterday’s wakeup call.
…because it reminded me to see the positive in every thing I do.
 

4  Old friends.
Today I had lunch with Kim, one of my oldest and dearest friends.  Kim and I became friends when we both worked at the same school my first year teaching; me as a teacher and her as the counselor.  She is a fantastic person…and our friendship has really stood the test of time.  It was so great catching up with her and I am so glad she has moved back to Houston!  I am looking forward to seeing her again soon.


I think it’s important to remember to be thankful for the blessings we have.  I think being thankful for what we have calls more blessings our way! 


What are you thankful for today?


2 comments: