Today was another fabulous Sunday Funday. It was quite a busy day! Here is a run down of what we did, in list form, with pictures, of course!
1. We almost got caught in a flood because it started raining something crazy again right before noon:
2. We went to eat at Jason’s Deli, one of my fav restaurants, because we were all in the mood for a nice, light meal. Well, sort of light, anyway, here is my salad mountain:
…followed by dessert:
3. After lunch the rain had dried up so we decided to walk our lunch off at Williams Tower Park.
...while hubs (of course) took photos!
It had been awhile since I had been to the fountain so we walked around and enjoyed the sights!
Getting me out of this section is touch work! School supplies = crack for this teacher! My mom says that’s one of the ways she knew I was destined to be a teacher, my obsession for school supplies. My obsession even dates back to when I was really young. As in, I used to ask for cute pens/pencils/notebooks/stickers for Christmas. Sad, I know! J
As far as groceries for the week, I did things a little different. I created my menu first, then surveyed the pantry/fridge/freezer and then went shopping only for the things I would need to make the meals on the menu. Smaller list, quicker trip – so far so good! I’ll post more about my menu for this week tomorrow!
6. Today’s run = 2.5 miles = quick, short, hot. Done and done.
7. Dinner = smoked turkey, spinach, pickles on whole grain wheat w/ olive oil mayo and iced tea. Hit the spot! Dessert = tear and bake chocolate chip cookies with a tall glass of milk. YUM-O!!
Now I’m settling in for another couple of chapters of my book before bed.