Monday, July 16, 2012

"Make-It-Happen" Monday, 7.16


Here are the things that I am hoping to make happen this week.  Since we are exactly halfway through the month (already! can you believe it?), I am doing an update on the July goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the month.


GET IN MY BELLY!!!
Grub Menu (7/16 – 7/22)
MONDAY
Salmon steaks, brown rice with roasted veggies
Tuesday
Shrimp and Chicken LoMein (Rachel Ray recipe!)
Wednesday
Beef Tips with egg noodles and green beans
Thursday
Fish Tacos with slaw dressing, cilantro rice and black beans
Friday
Lunch - leftovers before we hit the road
Dinner - *Murphy Family Reunion* - fish fry
Saturday
*Murphy Family Reunion*
Sunday
Lunch - Wings n More!! Eating here always takes me back to the days when it was our go-to place with friends!
Dinner - something light (tuna, sandwhiches, etc.)


Work Out Schedule
(July 16 – July 22)

 

Run
Cross Train
Weights
Monday
3
---
Arms: biceps, triceps, abs
Tuesday
4
Zumba, Spin
---
Wednesday
2
Step
Whole body
Thursday
5
Zumba, Spin
---
Friday
3
Pilates

Saturday
3
I’m soooo excited!! I’ll be doing my runs around campus! Get to see my old stomping grounds and reminisce…all while seeing how it’s changed!
Sunday
7



JULY goals **mid-month update in yellow!**
- tighten up on my eating.  I am a firm believer in not denying myself anything (everything in moderation, right?!) but I have been acting a little spoiled lately and eating a little too much of what I want.  I just need to tighten up a little.  Being home this month is really going to help me do this because I have more time to meal plan, grocery shop, and cook! I have been tightening up but what I have found is that I am simply not as hungry.  I think it’s because I’m not as active.  For breakfast I’ll do yogurt, and then have a late lunch, and usually a light dinner.  I’ve also noticed that I get full a lot faster.  Guess what they say about your stomach shrinking naturally really is true!
- complete at least four projects.  That’s about one a week and very feasible, right? Here are the four projects I hope to accomplish: Ummm, so, haven’t been quite so great with these goals!
1.    Make a new vision board. haven’t started yet, but I have started collecting the pics, stickers, magazine cut-outs for it!
2.    Clean out the closets and make a Goodwill pile.  A large one. I’ve been working on this slowly but surely.  Still working.
3.    Make a cute pin board for little one’s room. Not yet.
4.    Spring Summer Clean!  YES! My house is so clean!  Only wish it was this clean during school year too! J   
- continue my Summer RUNstreak and try to log at least 20 miles per week all month. OH YEAH BABY!  44 days and counting!
- improve my blog and make it more user-friendly working on this little by little.  I’m still learning!
- read at least 8 books this month.  So by this point I should be on book #4?!  Oops, that definitely didn’t happen!  I am reading some great books, though:
1.        Slob – Ellen Potter
2.      The Runner’s Guide to the Meaning of Life – Amby Burfoot
       3. Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture by Andy
           Cohen


What are some of your goals this month? What are you grubbing on that you can't get enough of lately? What are your workouts looking like this week?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment