Monday, July 2, 2012

Make-It-Happen Monday



Here are the things that I am hoping to make happen this week and this month.



GET IN MY BELLY!!!
Grub Menu (7/2 – 7/8)
MONDAY
Chicken breasts, green beans, mashed potatoes
Tuesday
Cream cheese chicken chili
Wednesday
?? – 4th of July bar-b-que
Thursday
Ground turkey tacos (whole wheat, high fiber tortillas), Mexican rice, avocado pico de gallo, black beans
Friday
Steak, chimichurri, roasted veggies
Saturday
- out to eat OR
- Curry chicken with onions, bell peppers over brown rice, cucumber salad
Sunday
- out to eat (hopefully Pho or Malaysian food again!) OR
- Salmon, asparagus, orzo salad



Work Out Schedule
(July 2 – July 8)

 

Run
Cross Train
Weights
Monday
3
---
Arms: biceps, triceps, abs
Tuesday
4
Zumba, Spin
---
Wednesday
2
Step
Whole body
Thursday
5
Zumba, Spin
---
Friday
3
Pilates
Legs
Saturday
3
Step
Chest/Back/
Shoulders
Sunday
7
---
---





Right Now I’m…

reading...
The Runner’s Guide to the Meaning of Life (again), Slob (still), Charlotte’s Web (reading it with my little one)
listening to…
Michael Buble, Michael Bolton, Nat King Cole, and Frank Sinatra.  Believe it or not, I am only 33 years old!  I’m just in a jazzy kind of mood right now!
Watching:
Live with Kelly, The View, and Dr. Oz, all shows that I never get to watch during the school year because I’m usually at work when they come on.
Craving...
Jasmine Cream Tea with a double shot of boba (still haven’t had one since the last time I posted about it!) and a nice big, fat juicy dill pickle. 
loving...
Being on vacation.  Today was my first official day of summer break and I must say, it was REALLY nice to stay in my pj’s for pretty much the whole day. J
wishing that…
Wednesday’s weather stays nice and clear for the 4th of July.  I do love me some fireworks!!



JULY goals
- tighten up on my eating.  I am a firm believer in not denying myself anything (everything in moderation, right?!) but I have been acting a little spoiled lately and eating a little too much of what I want.  I just need to tighten up a little.  Being home this month is really going to help me do this because I have more time to meal plan, grocery shop, and cook!
- complete at least four projects.  That’s about one a week and very feasible, right? Here are the four projects I hope to accomplish:
1.    Make a new vision board.
2.    Clean out the closets and make a Goodwill pile.  A large one.
3.    Make a cute pin board for little one’s room.
4.    Spring Summer Clean! 
- continue my Summer RUNstreak and try to log at least 20 miles per week all month.
- improve my blog and make it more user-friendly
- read at least 8 books this month.  On my list of books to read this summer:
1.      Slob – Ellen Potter
2.      The Runner’s Guide to the Meaning of Life – Amby Burfoot
3.      Delirium – Lauren Oliver
4.      Divergent – Veronica Roth
5.      Insurgent – Veronica Roth
6.      Running for Women – Kara Goucher
7.      Run Like a Girl – Mina Samuels
8.      The Rules of Life – Richard Templar
9.      Then Again – Dianne Keaton
10. Hot & Sweaty Mamas – Kara Douglass Thom and Laurie Lethert Kocanda
11. Jimmy Fallon’s new one
12. The Uglies – Scott Westerfeld
13. The Diamond of Darkhold – Jeanne Duprau
14. Legend – Marie Lu
15. Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer – John Grisham
16. Mile Markers – Kristin Armstrong
17.  Run Like a Mother – McDowell and Shea
18.  Bossy Pants – Tina Fey
19.  The Best Advice I Ever Got – Katie Couric
20. Charlotte’s Web – E.B. White


What are some of your goals this month? What are you grubbing on that you can't get enough of lately? What are your workouts looking like this week?

1 comment:

  1. You are TRULY, my inspiration......and I say that w/o a smile,smirk or giggle b/c I'm serious AS HELL! I don't think YOU even know how freakin' motivating this is.....Have you ever thought about being a "life coach"??.....If not,consider it.....NOW! This was a great entry Ma'! Keep doing yo thang!!(in my hood voice!)......I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete