Tuesday, June 26, 2012

PART 2: Sand&sun, delish food, and family time

After making our garage-sale rounds we met my second mother's daughter, her boyfriend, and his daughter at the beach in Port Lavaca. It was the perfect day for the beach and we had a fantastic time! We came prepared with snacks and everything we needed to really enjoy a relaxing afternoon.  We sunbathed (as if I needed any sun J) and periodically took dips in the water to cool off.






Yep, that's right. My mom was trying to read the newspaper at the beach. Don't tell me you've never done that. Nope? Me either.  Only my mother would! J


 After the beach we came home and I helped my second mother cook dinner. Been looking forward to this food for a while so I figured whatever I could do to make it easier on her, the better! Look at this goodness!!


Chicken and dressing, Turkey breast, brocolli rice casserole, creamed corn. Yum!

DESSERT! 

We enjoyed dinner and spent the rest of the night chatting and drinking some vino.  It was a perfect ending to a wonderful day!

 The next morning I got up and went for a run on the same trail.  I ran 5.11 miles in 50:42, a 9:55 pace.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.  I’m pretty proud of my time; I may not be fast but I’m steady and consistent.

 After getting cleaned up, we went to church.  We went to Faith Family Church, my second mother’s home church.  Pastor Graff and his wife, Tamara, spoke about  “The Road to Romance”.  Mrs. Graff also happens to be Joel Osteen’s sister.  I really liked that they took a tag-team approach to the sermon.  Pastor Graff said that since they were going to be talking about keeping the romance alive in a marriage (and that takes two), that it would be best to speak on the subject from both perspectives.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and especially appreciated that their honest and frank approach to love, marriage, and everything that comes along with it.  They are brave souls and even touched upon things that others would be scared to talk about!



 After church, it was LEFTOVERS TIME!!!!  I ate another round of all of that delicious food and then we took the short trip to Bloomington to my mother’s house.  After visiting my hometown, my favorite neighbors, and Mom’s cats, we loaded up all of our goodies.  My Mom always loads us up with lots of awesome stuff!  We made it back to Victoria just in time to hop on the bus to head back to Houston. 

My bambina with my mother's giant cat.

After what seemed like a short ride, we made it safely back home.  My handsome hubs was waiting on us when we arrived!  We came home, unloaded all of our stuff, got caught up on the weekend and headed to bed.

Overall, it was a beautiful weekend spent amongst family!  It had been a while since we had spent a whole weekend with my mom and my second mother.  Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to spending some more QUALITY TIME with my favorite ladies. J
     
My beautiful mother and I!



 My second mother and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment