Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Workout Wednesday


To celebrate “WORK OUT WEDNESDAY” I’d like to share my latest workout schedule.  Below is how I’ve laid out my workouts for this week, including my runs, cross training, and weights.  I’ve also included a couple of tables with what I like to call “filler” exercises.  I use these exercises one of two ways.  One, as fillers in between weight sets to keep my heart rate up or two, alone as a “Circuit”-like “Boot Camp”-type workout.  These are a few of my favorites; I really tried to make sure all parts of the body are covered. 


Work Out Schedule 
June 25 – July 1

 

Run
Cross Train
Weights
Monday  6/25
2
---
biceps, triceps, abs
Tuesday  6/26
3
Zumba, Spin
---
Wednesday  6/27
2
Step
Whole body
Thursday  6/28
4
Zumba, Spin
---
Friday  6/29
5
Pilates
Legs
Saturday  6/30
7
Step
Chest/
Back/
Shoulders
Sunday  7/1
4
---
---



Filler exercises

Exercise
Sets

Reps

time

Squats (reg/left/right/sumo)

20

Wall sit

1 min

Lunges
(front/back/walking w/db)

12

Step-Ups

20

Quick Feet

1 min

Bridge

20

Fire Hydrant
(leg bent/straight)

20

Kickback/Leg Lift

20

Plank

1 min

Pushups

20

Jumping Jacks

20

Dips

20

Jump Rope

1 min

Ski Jumps

20



I hope you find this post helpful!  I hope to bring you more workouts, ideas, and tips in the future.

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

1. What are your workout plans for the week?
2. What are some of your favorite “filler” exercises?
3. What are your favorite parts of the body to workout?
4. How many days of the week do you usually workout?
5. What are your favorite types of cross training?

No comments:

Post a Comment