Sunday, August 5, 2012

Love is in the air...



Sorry I’ve been kind of m.i.a. from blogging the last couple of days.  I have a confession to make.  Every time I sit down to do something (like write a post), I remember the Olympics is on and well, then it’s all downhill from there! J I have the fever, and have defintely been bitten by the Olympic bug like everyone else, and absolutely cannot get enough!!



This weekend we went to a wedding and it was the most fun we had had in a long time!!



The couple that got married was Victoria and Trey.  Victoria is my good friend (and co-worker) Kelly’s little sister.  Victoria is an Aggie like me, and I have known her for a while because every time she would come visit her sister Kelly, they would come by to say hi to me.  I still remember meeting her for the first time, about seven years ago, while she was still in college.  She’s the cutest, sweetest thing, and I (in a sense) have gotten to watch her grow up.  Therefore, it was such an honor getting to watch her take the “big” step.



The wedding ceremony was at a pretty church in a small town outside of Houston, and the reception was held at a ranch a few miles away.  When we arrived, the first thing we saw were beautiful peacocks roaming the grounds. 






The reception hall was gorgeous and as soon you walked in you could smell the Cedar because the entire hall was made of Cedar wood. 






We found a table waited for everyone to arrive.  Seated at our table were: my hubby, our daughter and I, my boss (who was the wedding planner), her husband and their youngest daughter, and Patrick, the wedding photographer who also happened to be one of my husband’s best friends. 


Once the wedding party arrived and were introduced, we were served dinner.  Dinner was a salad appetizer, and the main entrée was a chicken breast in a cream sauce, cheesy mashed potatoes, green bean almondine, and a roll.  It was delicious!!    






After dinner came the toasts, the first dance, and a traditional Polish Wedding dance that everyone was invited to participate in.  It was like one big Conga line and was so much fun!!



Then it was time to get our DANCE on!!!



Now, for those of you reading that are new, GETTING MY DANCE ON is one of my favorite things to do!! I took ballet/tap/jazz throughout my childhood and have always loved to dance.  I got really into Salsa dancing after I moved to Houston, and was actually out dancing when I met my husband in the summer of 2002.  He was a ballroom-dance instructor at the time and by the end of that summer I knew how to Merengue, Bachata, Tango, Rumba, Fox Trot, Samba and Quick Step too!  Plus, I had dropped one boring boyfriend and had gained an awesome new one! J 



The DJ played an excellent variety of music and once we got on that dance floor, we did NOT come back off!  Even the little one stayed on the dance floor!  One of the things that I love about my boss, aside from the fact that she’s like family to us, is that she is so much fun!! 





When I say she’s like family, I mean it!  We go way back - matter of fact, she interviewed me when I was still in college!  I have only ever worked for her and can’t imagine working for anyone else.  Her best friend was my daughter’s daycare provider when she was a baby, and her daughters would always babysat the little one when we had Open House nights at the school. 


My boss (she hates it when we call her "boss" LOL!) and her husband were getting their dance on too and their beautiful daughter, Alex, was kind enough to hang out with our little one all night!  She even taught her how to wobble! I have known Alex since she was eight – my daughter’s age – and have watched her blossom into the beautiful young college lady that she is now!! J 





I have to brag for a moment, so please forgive me!  Halfway through the night, as my hubs and I took a rare break from the dance floor, we were approached by a lady who complimented us on our dancing.  She said that she and the rest of the people seated at her table (who happened to be the groom’s mother’s side of the family) were really enjoying watching us dance and how beautifully we moved together!  She switched into Spanish and started telling us about how much her and her Cuban family loved to dance too.  It was such a flattering compliment; although I must admit it’s not the first time we’ve gotten that.  But I guess that’s what happens when you are dancing with a pro!  That’s one of the first things that I loved about my hubby…the sexy way he danced (think Maksim on Dancing With the Stars!) and moved around the dance floor!!  I’m not going to lie, though; it’s nice to know that I've still "got it" too! ;-)



At the end of the night, we bid farewell to the bride and groom with sparklers, and then called it a night.  We came home with lots of party favors, including a mason-jar mix to make “Cowgirl Cookies,” which I can’t wait to make!  We also came home with lots of Peacock feathers that Alex and my daughter collected after walking around the grounds earlier in the evening.






It was a perfect summer “love-is-in-the-air” kind of night, complete with good friends, good food – and LOTS of dancing!!  Does it get any better than that??













No comments:

Post a Comment