Monday, August 6, 2012

"Make-It-Happen-Monday", 8.6




Here are the things that I am hoping to make happen this week.



What we’ll be grubbing on this week:
 

GET IN MY BELLY!!!
Grub Menu (8/6 – 8/12)
MONDAY
BOLIVIAN INDEPENDENCE DAY meal – to include the colors of the Bolivian flag (red, yellow, green) in honor of my Bolivian hubby!
Baked Basil Tilapia w/ Sriracha (red), Saffron Rice (yellow), steamed peas (green)



Tuesday
Crockpot bar-b-que chicken w/pineapple, coleslaw, corn on the cob, drop biscuits…and pickles
Wednesday
Stuffed Bell peppers (ground turkey, brown rice, veggies, etc)
Thursday
Ceviche
Friday
Steak, chimichurri, roasted veggies
Saturday
Burritos – made with ground turkey, whole wheat, high fiber tortillas, Mexican rice, avocado pico de gallo, black beans
Sunday
- Lasagna (ground turkey, whole wheat lasagna noodles)



How I’ll be getting-my-sweat-on this week:

 

Work Out Schedule
(August 6 – August 12)

 

Run
Cross Train
Weights
Monday
2.5
---
---
Tuesday
4
Zumba, CrossFit
Whole body (CF session)
Wednesday
2
Step, CrossFit
Whole body
(CF session)
Thursday
5
Zumba, Spin
---
Friday
3
Pilates
Legs
Saturday
3
Step
Arms: biceps, triceps, shoulders
Sunday
7
---
---



What I’m ___________ this week:



Right Now I’m…

Reading…
Legend, The Uglies, Charlotte’s Web (still reading it with my little one)
Listening to…
lots of shake-your-groove-thang music! I’ve been in a DANCING mood lately, ever since getting-my-dance-on this weekend.  So I’ve been listening to get-up-and-dance pop like Rihanna and Calvin Harris (on mu running playlist), SALSA (my favs include Marc Anthony, Victor Manuelle, Joe Arroyo, and Grupo Niche), and Samba!! 
Watching…
The OLYMPICS!!!!
…and lots of movies with my daughter.  Right now we are watching “Marmaduke” and watched “Dispicable Me” earlier.
Craving…
a fat juicy dill pickle…so I added it onto the menu for Tuesday’s meal!  
Loving…
all the family time I’ve had this summer! 
Wishing…
that my last two weeks of summer vacation turn out to be as fantastic and the other month and a half was!



One last little update:
Last night I did a Sunday evening long run and ran 6.5 miles, the longest I’ve run in a looooong time.  I swear it was just a COINCIDENCE but it just so happens that I ran 6.5 miles on Day #65 of my RUNstreak!!  I promise I didn’t do that on purpose; even I am not that nerdy!  Although I must admit, I wish I had thought about it ahead of time and had done it on purpose! J

This evening my daughter and our dog Bella came on my run with me.  I ran 2.5 miles while they did about 1.5.  I dropped them off at the neighborhood playground and then ran around it a couple of times to complete a mile.  I didn’t feel guilty about running such a little amount; the knees (especially the left one, which is the one that has two knee surgeries) are still a little sore from my long run last night.  I’m proud to announce:

RUNstreak: as of tonight, 66 days and counting…



I just may complete my Summer RUNstreak after all!! 





2 comments:

  1. I use a GPS app on my iPod or phone to track my distance. Honestly, though, I've been running in my neighborhood for so long that I pretty much have all my routes and their distances memorized so I could probably even go without it. LOL!! But I don't because I'm anal and have to see the numbers and stats. :-)

    ReplyDelete